Election Day: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Summit ballots were mailed on 9/29. If you have not received your ballot by October 5, call 908-527-4996. Complete and return via: Secure ballot box OR mail OR to your polling place (which may have changed) on election day. Our recommendation? Don't wait 'til election day! Complete and return ASAP.
How can I return my ballot and what are the deadlines?
Deadline to return ballots to the drop box is 8pm on Election Day, November 3, 2020. The deadline to return ballots in person to the Board of Elections by 8pm on Election Day, November 3, 2020. Deadlines for mailed ballots are outlined below.
· Return your ballot to a Secure Ballot Drop Box: Summit has a ballot drop box in the Chestnut Street Parking Lot. Ballot drop boxes are ADA compliant, under camera surveillance 24/7, and all ballots are picked up by a bi-partisan team of Union County Board of Elections employees every day. The deadline to return your ballot to a secure ballot drop box is 8:00pm on Election Day.
· Return your ballot in person (requires a NJ Driver’s License or NJ Issued ID):
- Union County Board of Elections, 271 No. Broad Street, Elizabeth (8am – 4pm)
- Union County Clerk’s Office, 2 Broad Street, Room 113, Elizabeth (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Union County Clerk’s Annex Office, 300 North Avenue East, Westfield (M/W/F: 8am – 4pm; Tu/Th: 8am – 7:30pm; and Sat., 9am – 1pm)
- Call the respective offices for extended hours and special openings.
- The deadline to return your ballot to the Union County Board of Elections is 8:00pm on Election Day.
· Return your ballot via the United States Postal Service: Postage for returning your Vote by Mail Ballot has been prepaid. Your ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day (November 3, 2020) and received by the Union County Election Board by November 10, 2020. If your ballot is mailed, but not postmarked by the USPS, it must be received by the Union County Election Board by November 5.
· Return your ballot to your designated polling location on Election Day: If you choose to return your ballot to your designated polling location on Election Day, you will be required to stand in line, sign the poll book and hand your ballot to the poll worker. You may not return a ballot at a polling location for anyone else except yourself. The deadline to return your ballot to your designated polling location is 8:00pm on Election Day.
Voting Information System (via Facebook)
To obtain voter information, please visit the New Jersey Division of Elections website.
(The deadline to register is 21 days before an election)